2021 RAM 1500 Towing
You know that the 1500 is a leader in the light-duty pickup class, but just how much can a RAM 1500 tow? Equipped with the 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine option, the RAM 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 12,750 pounds. A class-exclusive eTorque Mild Hybrid Technology System is new for 2021, and contributes an additional 130 pound-feet of torque. You can also opt for a 3.6L Pentastar® V6, which enhances fuel efficiency with a battery-powered, belt-driven motor generator in place of a traditional alternator.
Join the Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Peoria team for a breakdown of RAM 1500 towing capacity and performance features. With our online inventory of pre-owned and new RAM 1500 models, it’s easy to find just the right one for your jobs!
2021 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine Option
So, how much can a RAM 1500 tow to your job sites across Bartonville in one go? Load up as much as 12,750 pounds of materials, tools, and other gear. That said, maximum RAM 1500 towing capacity will vary depending on the trim level and engine you choose. Compare specs to see which engine has the capability you’re looking for on the job in Galesburg, below:
RAM 1500 with 3.6L PENTASTAR® V6 with eTorque
- 7,730 lbs max towing capacity
- 305 hp 269 lb-ft of torque
- Wide-range variable valve timing
RAM 1500 with 6.2L Supercharged HEMI® V8
- 8,100 lbs max towing capacity
- 702 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque
- 0–60 in 4.5 seconds
RAM 1500 with 5.7L HEMI® V8
- 11,610 lbs max towing capacity
- 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque
RAM 1500 with 3.0L EcoDiesel V6
- 12,560 lbs max towing capacity
- 26- hp and 480 lb-ft of torque
- Best-In-Class diesel torque
RAM 1500 with 5.7L HEMI® V8 with eTorque
- 12,750 lbs max towing capacity
- 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque
- Class-Exclusive eTorque Mild Hybrid Technology System
RAM 1500 Features for Better Towing
If you expect to be towing heavy loads on less-than-ideal terrain, safety features are crucial So, how much can a RAM 1500 tow while keeping you safe, and your trailer steady? The RAM 1500’s suite of innovative features monitor road conditions, mitigate trailer sway, and optimize traction in real-time — so you can tow at max capacity on any road surface:
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection — This optional system keeps a camera on your blind zones while accounting automatically for trailer length.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes — Even if road surfaces are slick and unsteady, 14.9-inch brakes will bring you quickly to a stop.
- Multi-Function Tailgate — Add this optional 60/40 split gate for easier loading and unloading of your truck bed.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission — Paired with the eTorque mild hybrid system, this transmission boosts the RAM 1500 fuel economy ratings to 20 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway.
Test Drive a New RAM 1500 for Sale in Peoria
Ready to learn more about the benefits of RAM 1500 technology and towing power? Our experienced team of auto experts can help you compare specs, and find the RAM 1500 model that meets your needs and budget. Whether you buy or lease, you’ll always find top-notch service and fantastic prices at Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Peoria. Reach out today to get started! Curious how this pickup takes on the competition? Compare the 2021 RAM 1500 vs. GMC Sierra 1500 today!
More Models & Features
If you’re looking for the ultimate premium SUV to take on your family adventures in the Dunlap area, there’s no better choice than the 2022 Wagoneer. The new Wagoneer builds upon a legendary name and reputation, providing drivers like you with a capable and ready-for-anything SUV. With so much to appreciate about the new…
The 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been fully updated to make each and every Dunlap adventure even more exciting. Whether you’re headed off the beaten path or carpooling around town, you’ll love everything about the new Jeep Grand Cherokee. With that being said, the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee remains powerful and capable, just like its…
The 2022 RAM 1500 is here to provide you with a pickup truck that’s not afraid of tackling the most treacherous jobs. From towing tasks around Dunlap to weekend adventures in Bartonville, the new RAM 1500 has everything you need for a successful trip. One of the many reasons that it excels is the wide…